San Luis Obispo Farmers’ Markets
Food is cause for a weekly (at least) celebration in San Luis Obispo, CA, where local farms and agriculture thrive in and around the downtown area, growing fresh, seasonal, and flavorful produce year-round—and a trip to San Luis Obispo would not be complete without a stop at the world-famous downtown San Luis Obispo Thursday evening Farmers’ Market.
Watch the video to see SLO’s charming downtown area, where visitors can choose from a variety of restaurant and shopping establishments.
Taking over the main strip, Higuera Street, in the heart of the city, the Thursday market is the culmination of weekly harvests, plus a full-on community foodie festival that goes on all year (except Thanksgiving Day or if it's raining).
Why go to farmers market?
- Entertainment for the Whole Family - Thousands of visitors roam the market each week, enjoying free live music and entertainment; unique hand-crafted goods; face painting and other children’s activities; barbecue, corn-on-the-cob and other hot concession stand foods; in addition to the fruits, flowers, veggies, boutique olive oils, local honey, preserves and other locally grown or locally made products.
- Fresh, Seasonal Produce - Be sure to taste the strawberries and asparagus in spring, tomatoes and cherries in summer, apples and pumpkins in fall, squash and persimmons in winter, and many more deliciously ripe, sustainable and organic fruits and vegetables.
- Yields to Bicyclists - The Thursday evening market also features a bike valet program for guests who wish to avoid parking challenges and cruise through the charming downtown. (There is also a lively Bike Happening on the first Thursday of each month, following the market, when masses of cyclists loop around downtown in costumes—a must-see for any bicycle enthusiast.)
Farmers' Market Every Day of the Week
- Monday — Los Osos, Santa Maria and 2nd Street | 2:00 - 4:30 PM
- Tuesday — Paso Robles, 14th & Park Street | 3:00 - 5:30 PM
- Tuesday — Pismo Beach, Cypress Street (Summer Only) | 4:00 - 6:30 PM
- Wednesday — Arroyo Grande, Spencer’s parking lot on Grand Avenue | 8:30 – 11 AM
- Wednesday — Atascadero, El Camino Real & HWY 41 | 3:00 - 6:00 PM
- Thursday — San Luis Obispo, Downtown Higuera Street | 6:00– 9:00 PM
- Thursday — Morro Bay, Spencer’s parking lot off Highway 1 | 2:30 - 5:00 PM
- Friday — Cambria, Vets Memorial Hall at Main Street and Cambria | 2:30 - 5:30 PM
- Friday — Cayucos, Veterans Hall at Cayucos Drive | 9:30 - 11:00 AM
- Friday — Avila Beach, On the Promenade (April – September) | 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- Saturday — San Luis Obispo, Embassy Suites parking lot on Madonna Road | 8:00. – 10:30 AM
- Saturday — Arroyo Grande, City Hall parking lot off East Branch Street | Noon – 2:30 PM
- Saturday — Morro Bay, Downtown Main Street | 4:00 - 7:00 PM
- Saturday — Templeton, Templeton Park at 6th & Crocker Street | 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
- Sunday — Grover Beach, Ramona Garden Park | 3:00 - 6:30 PM
- Sunday — San Miguel, Mission and 10th Street | 10:00 – 2:00 PM
- Sunday — San Luis Obispo, Kennedy Club Fitness parking lot | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM