Watch the video to see SLO’s warm, beautiful wine country and unique shopping venues to stop at on your next vacation.
There are some who say we don’t have seasons in California. These people clearly have never seen the fields of wildflowers along the Central Coast of California which announce spring each year in vibrant paint strokes of yellows, oranges, pinks and purples.
Stop and smell the spring wildflower blossoms and celebrate the new season in San Luis Obispo from March to May by planning a spring wildflower vacation with hikes, picnics, wine tasting and outdoor activities near wildflowers fields, green foothills and vineyards.
Spring Wildflower Vacation Ideas
- Pack a wildflower book, sketch book and pencils, camera, hiking boots, hats and a picnic.
- Head to Montaña de Oro, Carrizo Plains, Pozo, or really any of the nearby hikes in the San Luis Obispo foothills to see wildflower fields full of poppies, lupines, sticky monkey flowers, wild radish, mustard and more.
- Visit the San Luis Obispo Farmer’s Market to purchase locally made wildflower honey (also great for spring allergies!).
- Go wine tasting to see the vineyards and fields in bloom, and taste and smell the floral “bouquet” in the glass.
- Visit the San Luis Obispo Botanical Garden and develop a richer appreciation for the native plants and wildflowers in San Luis Obispo.
- Walk around the local art galleries in the Network, the Creamery, and all around downtown to see art inspired by the natural setting in spring.